The British Council, UK’s International organisation for educational and cultural relations announces Goa Education Trust scholarships to the UK. These scholarships will fund Indians to pursue a Masters in the UK in various disciplines including Journalism, Education, Ancient History and Law.
Goa Education Trust Scholarship (GET) is open to all Indian nationals with valid Indian passport. Interested candidates can apply and win financial assistance to study in the UK. The Scholarship will fund tuition fees and will contribute towards living expense up to a maximum of GBP 15,000.
The Goa Education Trust Scholarship (GET) has been conceptualised by the industrious Dempo and Fomento groups from Goa and is aimed to provide students an efficient medium to pursue the best available opportunities in education, in whichever academic fields they choose.
Gill Caldicott, Acting Country Director, British Council India said, “Goa Education Trust scholarship is an initiative through which we support the Indian students to enhance their skills by studying in the best UK universities. The scholarship has already benefitted a lot of students and we are positive towards receiving a higher number of applicants this year as well.”
Deadline for applications to the Scholarship is 15 May 2016. Further details on the eligibility criteria and application are available on https://www.britishcouncil.in/study-uk/scholarships/goa-education-trust-scholarships.
Candidates should have applied for a Master’s programme in the UK beginning in September / October 2016 (Proof of admission / application will be required at the time of the interview
Candidates should be Indian national with valid Indian Passport and must be in India at the time of applying for the Scholarship
Candidates must be not more than 30 years of age when applying for the scholarship
Candidates should have an excellent track record in academics and extra- curricular achievements
Any queries on the Scholarship may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the British Council on 0120 4569000 (toll-free)
1. Download the application form from the website
2. Fill the complete application form
3. Along with the application form please submit scanned copies of the following documents:
· Documentary proof of birth certificate of the applicant
· Documentary proof of residence of the applicant
· A copy of your conditional/ unconditional admission letter from the UK institution
· One academic and one professional reference letter, although recent graduates may submit two academic references of not more than one A4 size page each
4. Mail in the filled in application form along with the scanned documents to email@example.com